About the Awards
Announcing Dermot Whelan and Dave Moore as this year’s MCs
Established in 1996, the eir Spiders are now in their 21st year making them the longest standing and most prestigious internet awards in Ireland( including Northern Ireland) . They reward Irish and Northern Irish businesses and community organisations for their creativity and innovation and provide an important opportunity to recognise and showcase online excellence.
This years awards will take place on Wednesday November 30th at The Doubletree by Hilton, Burlington Road, Dublin 4. Tickets start from €295 plus VAT each. The eir spider awards are considered an important benchmark for distinction and excellence in web-based business strategies. Previous winners have been on the cutting edge of their chosen fields and have since gone onto great success in their respective industries. View the eir spiders Hall Of Fame here.
Even those who don’t win have benefited massively from their involvement in Ireland’s premier digital awards through receiving feedback on their projects from our panel of judges made up of industry experts.
Every year the most important figures in online and digital media will gather together for ‘The Oscars’ of their industry, which is a must attend event for organisations operating within the technology sector as well as non-profit and corporate sectors. The gallery from last year’s awards is available here.
With categories rewarding excellence in every conceivable field of this dynamic medium, entrants are judged by an independent panel of industry experts. Winners will be the brightest talents, the most innovative creators and the most dynamic companies. Could you be the next one?
Why enter the eir Spider Awards?
- Exposure to hundreds of Ireland’s most dynamic digital companies
- Plenty of promotion opportunity with nominations, workshops and the ceremony
- Previous winners have reported a significant increase in sales / business as a direct result of winning an award.
- The independent endorsement of your company’s expertise and professionalism.
- Use of the widely recognised branded winners logo for use on your website and marketing / public relations material.
- Supported by Independent.ie and recognised quality branded sponsors.
- Award winners report positive results including higher awareness, sales and levels of staff morale.
- Awards supported by the Irish Internet Association, CoderDojo and independently judged by a panel of digital experts.
- Extensive media coverage reaching a national audience.
- Brand Ambassador Programme
- Opportunity to attend Digital Workshops.
- Associated with Irelands premier digital awards will boost any companies profile
Not going to enter? Maybe sponsorship could be for you. Click here to find out more.
Submission deadline 17:00pm, Wednesday 27th of September 2017Enter nomination
- All nominations are recorded and entered into the awards process.
- There is a €50 admin cost for an unlimited amount of entries.
- Pre-assessment judging is completed before submission to judges
- Entries will be assessed against good practice standards in web design and inclusion. Those that fail may be marked down or excluded from the judging. All entries will be expected to work within a range of browsers. Entries will also be expected to meet basic accessibility requirements for users with disabilities if they are funded by public money or are particularly important for social inclusion or equality. This includes commercial sites that provide a prime channel of access to products and services.
- From the approved entries submitted the eir spiders judging panel review each nomination and scores them accordingly based on the category criteria.
- The entries that score the highest through the scoring process are then reviewed again by the entire judging panel at the judges meeting and a vote is cast to establish the shortlist and then the overall winners.
- Any judge who may have a conflict of interest may not score a category, cast a vote or comment at this meeting.
- This is an independent process and the Sponsors, spiders staff or organiser do not select the nominees, shortlist or winners and neither do they influence the judges in any way.
- The shortlist will be announced in November 2017.
- Category winners and the Grand Prix winner are announced at the awards ceremony taking place on November 30th at The Round Room at The Mansion House Dublin